The Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario was formed in 1977 to represent the collective aims of all condominium managers. ACMO’s Mission is to enhance the condominium management profession in Ontario by advancing the quality performance of Condominium property managers and management companies.
ACMO provides formal educational programs which, coupled with experience and successful completion of an exam, culminate in the well known Registered Condominium Manager (R.C.M.) designation. Ongoing education is provided through luncheons, seminars, technical bulletins, newsletter and Condominium Manager Magazine. In this increasingly complex profession, this education provides ACMO members with a solid foundation for business success. All R.C.M. members are governed by a strict Code of Ethics which enhances the conduct in the profession.
ACMO provides membership to corporate members, who are required to comply with a Corporate Code of Ethics and must attain their ACMO 2000 certificate within a specific timeframe. The ACMO 2000 program permits condominium management firms to put in place ISO-like quality standards in a very cost effective way. The ACMO 2000 certificate, along with the code of ethics helps distinguish management firms in the eyes of condominium corporations.
ACMO also provides networking and marketing opportunities to service and trade companies through Associate membership. In turn the Associates provide ACMO with valuable technical, social and legislative resources.
ACMO will advance the quality performance of condominium property managers and management companies in Ontario by:
- Offering professional development programs;
- Representing the interests of the members to governments, other associations, the media, condominium corporations and the general public;
- Providing programs which regulate the conduct of the members;
- Promoting the members and the association within ACMO, to the condominium community and to the general public;
- Supporting the members through the provision of networking, group services and resources; being responsive to the needs and wishes of the membership.