- Each R.C.M. must pledge to place honesty, integrity and industriousness above all else, to pursue gainful efforts with diligent study and dedication to the end that service to clients shall always be maintained at the highest possible level,
- The effort to obtain a R.C.M. identifies a manager who is committed to the profession,
- The R.C.M. practices pursuant to a Code of Professional Ethics which also provides for a complaints resolution process.
- The R.C.M. has been tested on all aspects of condominium management,
- The R.C.M. provides direction and leadership to all the condominium staff,
- The R.C.M. is trained to collaborate with the directors, owners and suppliers to create a harmonious condominium community,
Standard of Care
- The R.C.M. provides assistance to the board and supervises the overall operation of the corporation,
- The R.C.M. will ensure that all meetings are effectively organized,
- The R.C.M. is trained to understand and enforce the declarations, by laws and rules,
- The R.C.M. has skills in communications and human relations,
- The R.C.M. has received comprehensive education in all aspects of condominium management,
- The R.C.M. receives ongoing education from ACMO including legislative updates, technical bulletins and peer networking,
- The R.C.M. is skilled in time management and project planning,
- The R.C.M. has access to the full resources of ACMO,
- The R.C.M. has at least 2 years of experience in condominium property management in the last 5 years, completing the required tasks as outlined on the R.C.M. Designation form,
- The R.C.M. has an understanding of physical building systems,
- The R.C.M. will be able to provide meaningful annual budgets,
- The R.C.M. has a working knowledge of all legislation impacting condominiums,
- The R.C.M. will ensure cost-effective purchasing and negotiations with suppliers,
- The R.C.M. is responsible for accurate accounting records and monitoring of annual budgets,
- The R.C.M. will enforce the collection procedures for maintenance fees,
- The R.C.M. will supervise the implementation of reserve fund plans and risk management plans.
Note: All professional condominium managers, including RCMs, are required to be licensed through the CMRAO.